Serendipity Styx 2.9.0 release01 Jun 2019
Styx 2019/3 - The Serendipity Styx 2.9.0 release - 50 years Montreal “Bed-In” “Give Peace a Chance” (1969) Edition.
Since the more template focused Styx 2.8.0 version was somehow delayed in early April 2019 and then was overrun by a real flood of Core improvements and fixes, this version was abandoned in favor of 2.9.0.
Serendipity Styx is PHP 7.3 READY and requires PHP from 5.5+! This is the LAST edition supporting the old PHP 5 Series and will only get security or important bugfixes as point releases. Serendipity Styx NEXT will be 3.0, which will require a modern PHP 7.x version.
Styx 2.9.0 runs (…some highlights)
- Various THEMES were improved to give a better migration to HTML5. Read on in the ChangeLog and keep your copy themes up-to-date!
- Various old and some newer bugs were fixed
- Improved media renaming and for all db types
- Improved various group permission related access privileges
- Important Security fixes
- Improved error reporting for all DB layers
- Improved backend comments list counter by permissions
- Upgrade jQuery lib
- UTF8 mb4 support ready for all DB types
- Trackback improvements
- NL2BR plugin nl2p-mode improvements
- Timeline theme update
- Improved setCookie
- Improved access for auto-update method
- Various language constant fixes and improvements
It is again a GOOD IDEA to take the advantage of starting a new copy template, before adapting each single theme change to your old copy themes!