Serendipity Styx 2.9.5 release02 May 2020
Styx 2020/3 - The Serendipity Styx 2.9 branch 2.9.5 release.
Styx 2.9.5 applies
- Fixes some upgrade task issues upgrading from old Serendipity (S9y) versions
- Fixes some database utf8mb4 migration issues when upgrading from (ditto)
- Fixes very old password MD5 migration issues when upgrading from (ditto)
- Fixes a backend style for rare case
- Fixes some spamblock cases with filter checks and newer mysql versions
- Added some Smarty backward-compatibility methods for very lazy upgraders. This only applies to this 2.9 branch and is done only, while the thrown exception error reasons were unguessable for non-professionals. Do not wait; Do it now!
- Again, PLEASE read the 2.9.1 blog post for further branch upgrades only! The 3.0-beta1 release is very near!
- While this revision is a good new start for migrational upgrades, the help centers installation guide got an update, recommended to read.