Serendipity Styx 3.3.0 release28 Feb 2021
N° 2021/1 - The Serendipity Styx 3.3.0 release
Due to PHP 8 and its stricter error reporting many hidden flaws have been ironed out.
Styx 3.3.0 applies
- Once more Styx continued its work to clean up old occurrences for the new Series 3 branch, in example the old mysql and sqlrelay db include files and remaining type references
- Removed outdated feed RSS 0.91 and ATOM_03 templates files and references
- Allow backend configuration sets for plugin_html_nugget textareas
- Strongly improved the “B46 [Black Edition]” bootstrap theme for having advanced lists view features
- Improve “Spartacus” for reading the full requirements array, which allows to check extended plugin requirements on UPGRADE
- Removed outdated “bulletproof” core template to additional_plugins pool
- Removed “pure19” core template completely, considering the “pure” 2020 Standard themes flexing grid as good enough for all
- Updated Smarty and Rich Text Editor (CKEditor) library assets
- Added lots of improvements and bug fixes for themes all over
- Added more slowly growing (experimental) support for upcoming file format “avif”, an AV1 codec based new image format. PHP 8 and GDlib still do not not support it yet. So, please wait!
- Improved the serendipity_die() mode for errors vs maintenance mode
- Improved core APIs
- and more!