Serendipity Styx 4.0-beta1 release02 Nov 2022
N° 2022/06 - The Serendipity Styx 4.0-beta1 release
4.0-beta1 - Public Beta 1
Due to the new major version jump, this version requires a short beta release cycle. I am happy when you help getting this to be a smooth release.
Styx 4.0-beta1 contains
- Minimum requirement is now set to PHP 7.4 (and it will not last long until PHP 8 only is required for futures, roundabout next summer)
- Added a new function to convert strftime() date formats to the dateTime Interface successor up from PHP 8.2. This PHP version requires the intl/icu extension loaded
- Generate strong random & secure password suggestions for user forms
- Fixed some odd or Methusalem bugs and made improvements in the workflow behaviour
- Update some assets for themes, like jQuery or bootstrap and for bundled-libs, like Smarty, SimplePie, RichText (CKE) etc.
- Improved the import class and specific importers to match changed user password hashing since S9y 1.5 and on
- Removed and/or beta-upgraded importer files, checked by their latest major release database requirements. The WordPress (only) importer was checked to run!
- Improved Plain Text comments mix-ins for now used HTML comments on elder blogs
- Improved some themes for edge cases or other oddities
- Update some lang description constants
- Cleanups for outdated considerations