Serendipity Styx 4.2.0 release06 Aug 2023
N° 2023/06 - The Serendipity Styx 4.2.0 release
4.2.0 - A Maintenance Release
Serendipity Styx 4.x.x revisions will be the last update Series supporting the PHP 7.4 Series and will further on only see some maintenance or bugfix releases. The previously announced change to PHP 8 minimum requirement was stashed and we now start developing Serendipity Styx 5.0 up from PHP 8.2 as the minimum. Styx 4.2 has ironed out several bugs and other inconsistencies and is pretty much another good maintenance release, pushing a new 😎 Styx Logo. Read the ChangeLog.
Styx 4.2.0 faces
- Add the new Styx Logo. “Gone fishing… Phishing for inspiration…”
- Improve header sets up from HTTP/1.1, including some LiteSpeed server cache exceptions
- Several Theme templates were updated for some issues
- Fix and improve the “last page of” multipage search results on MySQL
- Improve the MediaLibrary messaging for ImageMagick
- Improve several references with plugin categories
- Upgrade some template and core assets
- Improve the new [ b53 ] Work-In-Progress [ WIP ] theme for final assets and new configurable color themes
- Fix .htaccess core templates for Apache 2.3 deny syntax. This also is the minimum Apache Server version supported.
- Bug fixes